ARTstor - a database of over 1.6 million images of art, architecture, humanities, and sciences. ARTstor has provided a guide on using the database.
Architecture Image Collections - these collections include over 150,000 high quality images of art, architecture and design, with extensive decriptive information. The collections include:
- Architecture Illustrations - plans, sections, elevations, perspectives and axonometric views of architecture from antiquity to the present.
- Archivision Architecture Images - 60,000 images representing Ancient to Modern architecture, art and related subjects, including extensive documentation of each site. Includes landscapes, public art and other design. This collection was funded in part by a grant from the Helen Jones Foundation.
- Scholars Resource Art & Architecture Images - 80,000 images encompassing the art, architecture and culture of Western and Eastern civilizations. This collection was funded in part by a grant from the Helen Jones Foundation.
- Saif Haq Collection - images of architecture across the United States and southern Asia, with particular emphasis on vernacular architecture of Iran and Bangladesh.
- Lahib Jaddo Vernacular Architecture of the Middle East - images of the Kirkuk Citadel in Iraq, taken by College of Architecture professor Lahib Jaddo.
- Javier Gomez Collection - 3,000 images of architecture, focusing on Spain and Mexico.
- Raimund McClain European Architecture Collection - 500 images of notable 20th century architecture in Europe, photographed by former College of Architecture faculty member Raimund McClain.
These images are under US Copyright protection. They may be used for study purposes, teaching, classroom projection and research only; they may not be published in any form without prior permission from the image provider. For any questions about the image collections, or to report any errors or inaccuracies please contact Melanie Clark.
For examples of how to cite an image in a paper, see the University of Cincinatti's "How to Cite an Image."