Finding h-Index using Publish or Perish
1. The Publish or Perish site uses data from Google Scholar. An explanation of citation metrics is available here.
2. Publish or Perish is available in Windows and Linux formats and can be downloaded at no cost from the Publish or Perish website.
3. Once you have downloaded the application, you can use Publish or Perish to find h-Index by entering a simple author search. You can exclude names or deselect subject areas to the right of the search boxes to help with disambiguation of authors.
4. The h-Index will display on the results page.
5. You can narrow your search results further by deselecting individual articles. The h-Index will update dynamically as you do this.