Visitors and walk-ins are always welcome at SWC/SCL!
There are some things to keep in mind, however, when requesting materials in the reading room:
What are Rare Books?
They are library materials that are not housed with the general collection due to their:
What kind of Rare Books are at the Southwest Collection/Special Collection Library (SWC/SCL)?
Our Rare Books collection is a unique resource among the 38,000 volumes held at SWC/SCL, providing a rich environment to foster scholarly research and other creative endeavors. Among rare and early printed books housed here, you will find illustrated or finely-bound limited editions, artists' books, manuscripts, and maps that cover:
Items in the SWC/SCL are searchable through the University Library catalog.
1. Type your search term(s) into the "Start Your Research" search box.
2. Press Enter (Note: The Advanced Search box does not conduct a search for your keywords).
3. Click on the Everything drop down menu.
4. Click on Library Catalog.
6. Click on Books and Media drop down menu.
7. Select Southwest Collection/Special Collections.
Libguide Design: Joshua Salmans