This LibGuide has been created to help you use the American Psychological Association (APA) style guide, frequently used for the social sciences, including education, management, psychology, and the health sciences. Texas Tech University has a Physical Copy of the APA 7 Manual
This guide can help you with the more fundamental tasks, including:
1. Reference Formats - examples and explanations for citing your sources in the various formats for your References list.
2. Formatting Your Paper - how to set up your paper, including the margins, font, and References list, as well as sample student papers.
3. In-text citations - also known as parenthetical and narrative citations - how to cite your references in the text of your paper.
4. EndNote - bibliographic citation software, which can help format your citations and is freely available for download to CSS faculty, staff, and students. NOTE: APA 7th Edition is not available in EndNote yet.
5. Ethically Use Sources - information on the College's academic honesty policy and Turnitin, an online tool to detect where sources need to be cited